Tuesday 5 May 2015

Watercolors Of Brazil IV



"Let's go to Santos!"; suggested The Husband.
"What do they have there?". I was eyeing him up suspiciously. 
"They have Santos football club and Pele museum"; he beamed.
"Erm...how about NO." I wasn't having any of it.
"They also have the beach." He clearly saved his winning card for last.
I perked up: "Beach? Let's go. When are we leaving? I can pack in half an hour flat!!!"
 We arrived to Santos. The city was charming, but the sea was a murky grey colour and fringed with even greyer sand.
"Bleedin Nora, man!!! This is not a beach. It's dirtier than Blackpool beach after 200 hen and stag parties stampede through it." To say I was disappointed was an understatement.
"Erm...they also have a coffee exchange museum and an antique tram that takes you through the city." The Husband was quickly doing some damage limitations.
It worked.
I sampled the coffee (and cake...you always have to have a cake) at the city's coffee exchange and took a delighful little tram ride. We also visited Botanical gardens, saw some massive guinea pigs and spied a few interesting birds.


All that sightseeing made us ravenous so we opted for a pizza.
Brazilians love to big up their pizza saying it's best in the world so naturally I had to sample these delights.
That's not to say I  wasn't sceptical. Everyone knows that the best pizza  comes from Italy. End of. Amen.
I was right. The pizza that arrived was swimming in oil and imitation cheese.
"Good Lord, no! I can't be eating this abomination. I think it's time to get out of here."
With that we made a swift exit from town, just stopping to fill the car with gas.
This being Brazil, of course, you do not leave your car to do anything yourself, oh no.
One of many gas attendants will do everything for you. We were the only car in the gas station and there were about 20 attendants.
I compared that with England where the norm is one...possibly two workers per petrol station.
I could only conclude that Brazil is clearly a country where they love to keep people in employment. Even if those people have fuck all to do. 

I wore:
Sunglasses: Whistles (similar here )
Top: Zara (similar here )
Shorts: French Connection (similar here )
Hat: Accessorize (similar here )
Sandals: Birkenstock (here )
Rings: Dogeared; Kris Nations (similar here )
Bracelets: from Israel; Ottoman Hands (similar here )

16 comments:

Ma Cherie D said...

Predivne fotografije. Ja bih voljela posjetiti Brazil, ali nikako nije u planu jer mm je bio vec dva puta, a prvo zajednicko putovanje dalje putovanje hocemo da idemo u neku zemlju gdje oboje nismo bili. Nadam se da ce jednom doci na red.

Patti said...

Thanks for linking up with Visible Monday, you look lovely and so does the little town you visited!

Unknown said...

for me it's on the another side of planet. i want to travel a lot!


i hope you visit me blog albinaberg.com. I write about my personal style,music and beauty

Mrs C said...

OMG, I swear, I just saw the same pair of Birken on a lady in the supermarket today and I was thinking "Hmmm.. that's cute!" and here you are with the same pair! Just as the lady, pairing this pair with short is just perfection. Hope you are having a great time. p.s. Ever consider writing a book or something? You have a way with words!

Jointy&Croissanty said...

These landscapes are breathtaking! I would like to visit Brazil.

Sybilla Cyma said...

Amazing tropical outfit!

elisa bellino said...

Such amazing colors! I talked some days ago of Brazil travel with my friends... They are in love for this place!
kiss
www.theladycracy.it

Ivana Split said...

moj muž se ne bi složio s tim da najbolja pizza dolazi iz Italije, po njemu je to sigurno Mostar :) ..kako god, nema ništa gore od imitacije sira i loše pice.Nego, baš je slatka ova kombinacija. Idealna ljetna ležerna...super majica, šorc i sandale...šteta što si se morala vratiti u kaput, ali valjda će u Londonu zatopliti uskoro....ako ti je lakše u Splitu je tako vruće da već dva dana ne mogu zaspati prije tri, a moram rano ustajati.

Straight A Style said...

How fun. It looks gorgeous!

Amy Ann
Straight A Style

Tina Bradley said...

Sounds like a fab getaway! Loving your shoes! T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

meandmr.com said...

Such pretty pictures! I love all of the purple!!!
Melanie @ meandmr.com

Unknown said...

Bummer that the beach thing didn't work out. Is that some sort of toxic warning sign I see?! Still, the botanical gardens look very pretty and cake makes everything better. Also, I've never seen guinea pigs in the wild but the one pictured is huge!

Mili

Emily (Em Busy Living) said...

Santos looks really nice! I would love to ride on that streetcar and see the old downtown!

Unknown said...

Santos looks like a cute town to visit. Bummer about the beach and pizza.

Alice
www.happinessatmidlife.com

Hope to see you for TBT Fashion link up.

Ivana said...

Prvi puta u zivotu mi Birkin slape (tako ih ja zovem :p) na nekome izgledaju predobro i prvi mi je puta proslo mislju da bi mozda nekada i ja mogla nabaviti jedne :) Predivna si u ovoj jednostavnosti :)
Da, nema pizze do one talijanske ali nema gore od tih sto plivaju u masti :/

Maiken said...

yay, after that one I have two more of your travel posts to read. you know I adore those posts and this one wasn't an exception. that lilac stuff on the ground is beautiful and so are your matching sandals. and the guinea pig of course. it's so different from the ones they are selling here in Estonia.

Maiken - Part of me

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...