Saturday 13 September 2014

Road Tripping - Germany & France III



"Let's find a bakery with cakes!!! I have a hangover. It's all your fault for making me drink all that wine.I don't even like wine."; I said to The Husband.
He rolled his eyes and didn't even bother to question my desire to eat cakes first thing in the morning.
Later on, whilst sitting in a bakery overloading myself with sugar and caffeine, I took a good look at the little village (Eguisheim) and exhaled loudly: "This is just too much pretty. Does Hollywood even know about this place?"
"Hollywood?" The Husband was perplexed.
"Yes, Hollywood. Because if they don't know, I think we should tell them. They should most definitely make "Hansel and Gretel" here. I mean, I would watch it. And if I would watch it, EVERYONE would watch it. You know I have impeccable taste in movies, darling."
He rolled his eyes a bit more and continued drinking his coffee in silence. 

Later on, we drove to Kaysersberg and Turckheim. 
Kaysersberg was even prettier than Eguisheim.
"How is this EVEN possible???? I can't take this much pretty in one day."; I said to no one in particular whilst furiously snapping away with my camera. 
"You know what I said earlier about making "Hansel and Gretel" in Eguisheim? Scrap that! I changed my mind. They should make it here. They should make ALL fairy tales here.  Every single one of them. Do you think Brothers Grimm roamed around here back in the day collecting material for their tales? I bet they did."; I said without pausing for breath.

Turckheim was marginally less pretty, but they had WW2 reenactment going on.  
"Oh, look...they must be reenacting how they surrendered and collaborated with the Germans."; I announced.
Alas, no....they were pretending they were on the righteous side all along.
"How ruddy well dare they!!!  That is not how it went down. We all know they had their asses saved by the British, Americans and Russians. Pffffttt!"
I wanted to pass them by and mutter "Collaborators!!!" under my breath, but all the people were much too nice and friendly so I kept quiet. Still...."collaborators!"

The next day it was time for Strasbourg and the flight home.
The weather wasn't great in Strasbourg, but we managed to have a little look around nonetheless.
"Strasbourg looks just like the Dutch Masters landscapes."; I announced.
"What? Pretty and with magical golden light?"; asked The Husband.
"No. Depressing."
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 











7 comments:

Ivana said...

Ovo je divno... stvarno kao iz bajke... nekada mi bude uopće nevjerojatno da ovakva mjesta postoje van nekog fikcionalnog književnog djela ili filma! Fotkice su predivne!

Kristina said...

@ivana, hvala. I da, jedno mjesto ljepse od drugog. :)

Maiken said...

oh those narrow streets look just perfect. definitely a my kind of place. and I know I would go crazy with my camera there. when I was done looking at your photos I thought why aren't there more?! I want to see more of those colourful streets, Kristina!

Maiken,
Maikeni blogi - part of me

Kristina said...

@maiken...oh thank you. I didn't put more because I didn't want to bore people with too many photos, I guess.

Azra Art said...

Hvala za ove savrsene fotke, nahranila sam dusu upravo na nekoliko dana...mogu misliti kakav je tek dozivljaj uzivo..

Suzanne said...

Such gorgeous photos!

So cool you were there when they were re-enacting.

Your writing made me laugh : )

bisous
Suzanne

Anonymous said...

jaoooo, Equisheim i Kaysersberg <3 <3
nisam mogla vjerovati da postoji tolika količina ljepote na jednom mjestu. I meni je Kaysersberg ljepši od Equisheima - vjerovatno zbog rijeke i onog osjecaja spokojnosti i mirnoce koji sam tamo dozivjela. a da ne spominjem pristupacnost cijena u restorancicima i vinarijama :srce:
Ja bila od sredinom 6.-og mjeseca u jednodnevnom posjetu iz Basela.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...