If you've been following this blog for any amount of time, you'll know that I like my food. No matter how hard I try to eat healthy, when faced with anything sweet (or savoury, or sour...or...anything really), my resolve crumbles. So to celebrate my sweet tooth, I'll bring you the ultimate in comfort desserts-RICE PUDDING.
This one has a nice little tropical twist to it, but don't be fooled by all the fruit....this is still as calorific as it gets.
175g jasmine rice
125 caster sugar
6 cardamom pods (split open)
1 bay leaf
1 cinnamon stick
150ml double cream (lightly whipped)
4-6 passion fruits
berries to decorate
1) Place the jasmine rice in a pot with milk, sugar, cardamom pods, bay leaf and cinnamon stick. Cook, stirring frequently, on low for around half an hour (or until rice is tender and milk absorbed). Add some extra milk if necessary.
2) Leave the rice to cool slightly and remove the bay leaf and cinnamon stick.
3) Fold the cream into the rice mixture.
4) Halve the passion fruits and scoop the insides into a bowl.
5) Layer the rice with the passion fruit in glass bowls, decorate with berries and enjoy.