I didn't do a cooking/baking post for a while so here's one today. Considering I'm a sugar fiend (so very bad for me, I know...), this recipe is also from the saccharine sweet category. Hope you like it; it's delicious and you can make it from ingredients you probably already have in your cupboard.
You will need:
3 egg whites
150g golden caster sugar
50g good quality dark chocolate
1) Preheat the oven to 150 degrees.
2) Line baking tray with greaseproof paper.
3) In a clean and dry bowl whisk egg whites til they form soft peaks.
4) Gradually whisk in the sugar and whisk til the mixture is glossy and soft peaks are formed.
5) Melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl over the pan of simmering water.
6) Gently fold the melted chocolate into meringue.
7) Spoon or pipe the mixture onto prepared tray.
8) Cook for 50 minutes then turn the oven off and leave the meringues to cool completely inside the oven.
9) Once the meringues are cooled, eat them with wild abandon. If there are any left (I doubt it), store them in an airtight container.