I felt a bit Nigella today (or maybe Mary Berry...hmmm) so I made these delish muffins. The Husband said he had better in "Costa". Obviously that means that from now on he can fetch all his food in "Costa" and I will have all homemade pies, muffins and cakes for myself.
250g plain flour
100g golden caster sugar
75g butter (at room temperature)
1tbsp baking powder
1) Pre heat the oven to 200c
2) Mix the sugar and baking powder in a bowl and then sieve in the flour
3) Mix the butter into the flour mixture
4) In a separate bowl beat an egg and milk together, then add to the flour mixture and mix well
5) Remove the stalks from strawberries and cut them in half
6) Add both raspberries and strawberries to the muffin mixture
7) Spoon the mixture into the muffin tin and place in the oven for about 25 minutes or until muffins have risen.
8) Eat them all by yourself and don't give any to husbands and boyfriends. They might say they had better at a national coffee house chain.