The Birchbox theme for the month of May was "Red Carpet Ready" and it included the following items:
1) OPI mini nail lacquer (3.75ml sample worth £2.8)-the colour is lovely but the sample really is miniature. Probably the smallest polish sample I have ever had :(
2) Murad eye cream (3.5 ml sample worth £13.3)-great brand, but another tiny sample. However, the eye creams tend to go a long way as you only need a little so this one is actually not all that bad.
3) Biorganics hair oil (12ml sample worth £3.1)-Another very small sample (I'm detecting a theme here). This doesn't have any scent...or at least, I couldn't detect any so it doesn't appeal to me all that much as I do like my locks to smell nice, but I guess I will use it.
4) WEI foaming cleanser (10ml sample worth £1.6)- great brand, but a very very small sachet sample. And I hate those.
5) WEI buffing beads (1 sachet sample worth £0.6)-another sachet sample. Hardly enough product to try it out.
6) Kusmi detox tea (20g sample worth £2.2)-a lot of people complained about this one, but I love tea and this particular brand is way good. It was alos the ONLY decent sized sample in the box.
The box contained £23.60 worth of products and I loved all of them. What I didn't like was teeny tiny sizes this month. Sure, the boxes are a sampling service, but the sizes this month really took the proverbial p***. There's small and then there's small. The contents of the box pretty much fitted to a palm of my one hand and there was still room for more. I expected more from Birchbox.
Glossybox sampling sizes were much more generous this month. Perhaps because they were celebrating their second birthday (and that was also their theme this month).
1) Givenchy Dahlia Noir L'Eau (5ml sample worth £3.3)-I love this scent so much and was a fan even before I got it in my Glossybox. Good size sample too.
2) My trusty little sunflower cream moisturiser (full size worth £6.99)-This wonderful cream was developed by doctors in Salisbury District Hospital for the patients recovering from burns and plastic surgery. I really like it and am so glad they put this in the box as otherwise I would never have discovered it.
3) Beautiful Movements primer (2.5g sample worth £2.5)- It's a bit of a wonder product as it can be used alone as a primer and mixed with foundation for the airbrush effect, with blushers for cream blush effect and with shadows for eyeliner.
4) Caudalie oil (full size worth £4.05)-Another multi tasker that can be used for body, face and hair. I love it.
5) Headline Colours nail polish in Firewater (full size worth £9)-I like the colour, but I do think it's more suited for winter so it will probably have to wait before I sport it on my digits.
I also got green and black organic chocolate and emery boards.
Super happy with this month's Glossybox. The box contained £26 worth of products, 3 of them were full size and all of them were good.
Glossybox trumped Birchbox again this month. Both boxes contained good products, but Glossy was more generous with their sizing.
Due to a lot of spammers I have disabled commenting to Anon users. I know there were a few of you commenting as Anon that weren't spammers so I can only apologise and hope it doesn't inconvenience you too much. You can still leave comments using Open ID. More info about Open ID here: Open ID